Connect with us

World

Migrant Criminals Claim to Be Trafficked Children to Evade Justice

Published

on

Theresa May’s modern slavery bill is being abused by allowing criminal migrants to claim they are under 18 and the victims of trafficking in order to avoid arrest, according to an investigation by the Sunday Times.

The Modern Slavery Bill — which was introduced to protect workers trafficked into the country to work in cannabis farms, nail bars, or even as prostitutes — contains protections for minors that says they are to be protected from prosecution if they’re involved in criminal activity. However, many adults who are caught engaging in such professions are claiming to be under 18 in order to avoid prosecution.

The Sunday Times report says that they have been shown documents that refer to multiple instances of Vietnamese adult criminals being placed into foster care under the system as they claimed to be under 18.

In one instance, a worker at a cannabis factory claimed he was 15 years old and had been trafficked to the UK. The Crown Prosecution Service advised against pressing charges because police could not prove he was not a child, with officers saying:

“He was clearly an adult conspiring to grow large amounts of cannabis.”

The criminal adult migrant was then placed in social care and went missing after three days. The police even listed the man as a vulnerable missing child. When he was discovered, and claimed again that he was 15, he was housed in foster care, but went missing once more. His whereabouts remain unknown.

One officer, Detective Sergeant Stuart Peall, head of Lancashire constabulary’s exploitation team, said: “How do you prove the age of a foreign national inside 24 hours who won’t even tell you their real name? In most cases it is simply impossible. Age assessments take weeks. There is no way of doing it inside that timescale. The law means there is a presumption they are under 18 unless we can prove otherwise within hours of arrest.”

An investigation into an asylum seeker posing as a 15-year-old boy at an English school has concluded he is a grown man.

Despite the abuses of the system, it was ruled last week that age assessments based on the appearance of unaccompanied asylum seekers were unlawful. The new ruling states that judging people on their appearance, even if it “very strongly suggests that they are significantly over 18 years of age”, is not legitimate and risks “children being unlawfully detained”.

A government report from April 2018 revealed that 65 per cent of alleged unaccompanied migrant minors whose age was under question were found to be adults. The investigation followed public concern in 2016 of the age of ‘minor’ migrants being allowed to come to the UK under the Dubs amendment, where some ‘child refugees’ being brought over from Calais appeared much older than children.

In November 2018, the Home Office admitted a grown man, an asylum seeker from Iran, had been placed at Stoke High School in Ipswich. The migrant was removed from the class and an investigation opened into how the Home Office had incorrectly assessed the age of the individual in the first place. The issue came to light after 15-year-old pupils shared pictures on social media of a clearly adult-looking ‘student’ in school uniform, with one child writing: “How’s there a 30-year-old man in our maths class?”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Man Detained in Paris After Tearing Down Flag From French Parliament Building

Published

on

A man was detained by gendarmes in Paris after he climbed the wall of the National Assembly’s building and removed a tricolour flag, Le Parisien reports.

According to Le Parisien, the gendarmes of the Republican Guard spotted a man on CCTV as he was climbing the wall of the National Assembly’s building to remove a tricolour flag. When the thief climbed down, they apprehended him and took the flag.

According to the paper, the thief was a 23-year-old man who was drunk at the time of the incident, the newspaper reported. He was handed over to the police and placed in a drunk tank.

The man lives in the 15th arrondissement in the southwest of Paris and was known to the police as a repeat offender.

The National Assembly is the lower house of the French parliament. It is located at the Palais Bourbon in the city’s 7th arrondissement.

Continue Reading

World

‘Zero truth’: Trump says Iran’s Claim it Captured CIA Spies is ‘Totally False’

Published

on

The Report of Iran capturing CIA spies is totally false. Zero truth. Just more lies and propaganda (like their shot down drone) put out by a Religious Regime that is Badly Failing and has no idea what to do. Their Economy is dead, and will get much worse. Iran is a total mess!

Continue Reading

World

UK to Send Nuclear Sub, Commandos to the Gulf After Tanker Seizure by Iran

Published

on

Britain’s Royal Navy is beefing up its military presence in the Persian Gulf with a nuclear-powered submarine and maritime forces, UK media report. 

A 7,400-tonne Astute-class nuclear-powered submarine, equipped with cruise missiles and heavy torpedoes, will be assigned a solely defensive role, military sources told the Daily Express tabloid. It is expected to intercept communications between Iranian servicemen and report them back to naval headquarters in the UK.

“We are sending a boat – it may well already be heading for the region,” a Royal Navy insider was quoted as saying. “Its role is a covert intelligence posture, simply gathering information to support the planned escort convoys of tankers.”

According to a separate report in The Sun, the Navy will also dispatch marines from 42 Commando, M Company. The HMS Duncan, a type 45 air-defence destroyer, was dispatched to the Gulf earlier this month to assist Britain’s only warship operating there, the Type 23 HMS frigate Montrose, based in Bahrain.

The RFA Wave Knight supply tanker, currently stationed in Gibraltar, will transit to the region in August, while the HMS Kent frigate will be deployed there in September.

The Navy also has four mine hunters and a landing ship dock committed to the area. “We have the ability to send more ships but they will take weeks so the Marines are a perfect fit in the short term,” a military insider told The Sun.

“The men have been told they could be deployed on to commercial vessels. Tankers are also now likely to travel in convoy and shipping will be protected. But our main brief is not to escalate the situation — and provide a deterrent.”

UK defence officials are yet to commend on the reports, but they typically stay mum about such deployments. It comes as Theresa May is holding an emergency meeting on Monday, focused on ways to maintain security of shipping in the Persian Gulf.

The authorities have advised British ships to temporarily avoid the Strait of Hormuz, after Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps impounded two tankers on Friday. One of the vessels was released, while the other was taken to a port in southern Iran pending an investigation.

Tehran claimed that the tanker ignored the distress calls of an Iranian fishing boat and collided with it. At the same time, Tehran officials indicated that the seizure came as a tit-for-tat response following the detention of a tanker allegedly transporting Iranian oil to Syria in breach of EU sanctions.

UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said he had spoken to his Iranian counterpart to voice his “extreme disappointment”, while London may soon move to hit Iran with a series of sanctions.

Continue Reading

Files